Sunday, July 31, 2005

Week/end in Review

Normally this late on a Sunday night I'd have been reading over tomorrow's papers already and be working on a post concerning some story out of one of them. But, oddly, neither the Times nor the Post have uploaded their Monday editions yet (as of about 11:20 p.m. Sunday), and in the interest of napping, I'm going to just throw up a few links to some stories from the past week that might be interesting. I'll wait until the morning to check out what new and exciting things the papers have to say.

- On Monday (7/25), Senator McCain introduced his amendment package to the DoD appropropriations bill to standardize interrogation procedures and register all detainees held by the Pentagon with the International Red Cross. I excerpted his floor statement here.

- Tuesday morning, Senator Frist set aside the Defense bill and took up gun-maker liability protection, a manuever that I suggested was rather unwise and a gift to Democrats, should they choose to capitalize on it. I covered the press and blog reaction to Frist's actions (here and here) on Wednesday.

- Also Wednesday, I posted an important Darfur update.

- Saturday's Congressional Report Card was the big project from this weekend, along with the write-ups from today's talk shows (here, here and here).

Of course as I've been writing, the new Times has gone online. But I suspect it will still be there in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home