Tuesday, September 20, 2005

More on the North Korea Deal

I missed this earlier and shouldn't have, but now that I've read it I wanted to pass along David Sanger's NYT analysis piece on the preliminary agreement with North Korea regarding that nation's nuclear programs. Combined with another Sanger article (this one jointly with Joseph Kahn), which discusses exactly what is contained (and is not contained) in the agreement, you get a pretty decent idea of where things stand in the negotiations and some of the very sticky things that still have to be hammered out.

As I said yesterday, the proof will obviously be in the pudding on this, but I'm certainly more hopeful now that something psitive might result than I was a few days ago. For more on the North Korea agreement, I'd also recommend Steve Clemons' post from yesterday on the topic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home