It's been waaaay too long since I did one of these. Here are some of the great things I've read recently:
- From today's WaPo, Newt Gingrich continues to surprise me. Check out some of the comments he makes in this article ... if he keeps this up, he's might just manage to turn himself into a decent presidential candidate - and no, I never thought I'd write those words.
- Alan at Maverick Views has excellent posts up on the death of Zarqawi and the marriage amendment.
- Dennis Sanders reminds us that while the move to amend the Constitution to ban gay marriage was a distractive issue, the issue of equal rights and marriage itself is hardly unimportant.
- Before he began "hiatusizing," Michael Reynolds posted a must-read on the "Notroots".
- The Bull Moose warns the Democrats that they must offer an alternative this fall, or risk losing again: "What fuels the Moose's increasing skepticism is that the Democrats are offering no governing vision. And while Democrats believe that there is no comparison between Republican and Democratic corruption scandals, that distinction may not be as clear to the general electorate." Absolutely right.