Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Senate Passes Energy Bill

Earlier this morning, the Senate passed its version of the energy bill, voting 85-12. This AP piece covers the bill's provisions fairly well, so if you'd like background, I recommend it. For my own running commentary on the debate on the bill last week, go here, here, here, or here.

The twelve no votes came from predictable corners: Corzine and Lautenberg (NJ), Gregg and Sununu (NH), Schumer (NY), Reed (RI), Kyl and McCain (AZ), Feingold (WI), Martinez and Nelson (FL), and Wyden (OR). Connecticut's Lieberman and Dodd didn't vote, nor did Sessions.

This bill isn't perfect. By any stretch. But, as I've said before, I hope that what emerges from the upcoming Senate-House conference is closer to this than what the House will bring to the table. That's going to be important.

1 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger JBD said...

What's realistic? Give me your ideal bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home