Sunday, August 28, 2005

Didn't Miss Much, I See

Back from my field trip, I've just finished rounding up the transcripts and a few reviews of the Sunday talk shows - doesn't look like I missed very much exciting. Here are a few things I noticed: McCain continued (PDF) to call for more troops in Iraq, and the roundtable of generals on "Meet the Press" seemed fairly interesting. You can read the transcript of that here, or download a podcast of the show here. Biden on "This Week" was, well, Biden. There's a video clip of him here.

If you're in the path of Hurricane Katrina, good luck - my thoughts are with you all tonight. I hope all goes as well as it possibly can for you and yours.

I'll be dipping in and out throughout the evening with more posts.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Minnesota Central said...

Did you notice the question of Rumsfeld's leadership asked on Face the Nation (McCain) and on Meet the Press (Generals) ?
There was no great "love" from any of the respondents, yet I have to wonder since the question was asked, if his leadership isn't again in question in the "bubble" area of Capitol Hill ?
His track record is not very good ... no welcoming crowds with flowers, allowing the roiting/looting as "just blowing off steam", Abu Ghraib prison abuse, lack of armor, lack of troops ... and just last week still not seeing the conflict as a civil war. See below from DOD Press Conference
Using a sports analogy, the owner cannot be fired ( he's elected through 2008 ), the players cannot be fired ( troops ), so the General Manager ( Rumsfeld ) or Coach ( Myers/ et al ) must go ... Here's a vote for Rummy.

FROM DOD PRESS CONFERENCE OF AUGUST 23,2005 - http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/2005/tr20050823-secdef3741.html

Q So that -- I take it that is not a major concern of yours, that U.S. troops might be caught up in a civil war?



SEC. RUMSFELD: It hasn't happened yet, it is not happening now. And obviously it's something that one has to be attentive to and be concerned about, but I haven't seen anything that suggests that the risk is greater today than it was yesterday or the day before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home