Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Today

My post immediately prior to this basically says what I want to this morning - Congress is back today (Senate at noon, House at 2 p.m.), and they've got plenty to keep them busy. The Washington Post today confirms the report I had last night that Frist has moved the estate tax bill aside to deal with other things - a very wise strategy indeed.

The Katrina rescue and recovery efforts continue - as does the bureaucratic sniping between federal, state, and local officials - and the discussions about another Supreme Court nominee will undoubtedly proceed as well. We could get a name as early as today, although I would guess now that Bush will wait at least until after CJ Rehnquist's funeral tomorrow, and perhaps they'll even wait until after Roberts' confirmation - Tim Russert suggested as much this morning on NBC, and I could see it happening.

I will be away from the computer today doing the whole grad-school orientation thing, so I'm not sure if or when I'll be able to post before this evening; I'll leave you all with another ray of sunshine amidst all the Katrina gloom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home