Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's Wet

Coursework is keeping me very busy these days, hence the sporadic postings and the weird pace. I had a moment this afternoon to blog, but in the absence of any really big news out over the course of the day today, I will just make a quick comment on the weather. It's unpleasant.

I'm experiencing my first Boston nor'easter today, and I will just say it's a darn good thing the temperature's not twenty degrees cooler, or we would be digging out from under very deep piles of snow (as John Cole is down in WV). As it is, here we're just getting very cold, very hard rain and strong, umbrella-inverting winds that drive the rain directly into your face as you walk down the street.

On my walk home from the T-stop tonight (eh, five or six blocks), I saw at least twelve abandoned umbrellas on the sidewalk, all either snapped or shredded (or both) by the wind. It's pretty incredible. And these winds are only like 25-40 miles per hour. I cannot even begin to imagine what life is like during a hurricane, but frankly this is about as close as I ever want to get to one.

They say we may see sun for a brief moment tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger JBD said...

Thanks larmen. I quite agree, and have been definitely devoting much less time to blog-things than I was prior to classes. I've just finished the fifth of six papers I had to write this week, and thankfully have a full day to tackle the final one tomorrow. They absolutely are the top priority, and they'll stay that way, no matter how much fun and excitement blogging brings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home