- Laura Bush has been shaking up her East Wing staff. Maybe her West Wing-heading 'other half' should take some lessons?
- Where things stand on the earmark reform plans in the House and Senate, from the WaPo.
- Some Scalia comments reported over the weekend mean he probably ought to recuse himself from tomorrow's oral argument in a case testing the constitutional rights of Guantanamo Bay detainees. Donklephant has more.
- The NYTimes reported this weekend that George Allen (R-VA) is "bored" in the Senate, quoting him as saying "I made more decisions in half a day as governor than you can make in a whole week in the Senate." Fine George, but then why are you running for reelection? Your ambition for higher office is showing.
- Centrerion is hosting a "Mediocre Media Carnival," and is accepting submissions.
- Alan Stewart Carl has a good post at Donklephant on the illegal immigration issue, which will be debated in the Senate this week.
- Joe Gandelman discusses a Time report suggesting that the Republicans at this point are in real danger of losing the House of Representatives in this fall's elections.
- Michael Reynolds celebrates one year of blogging at The Mighty Middle ... better late than never. Congrats, Michael!