A Few Good Links
- McCainMovement.com has launched, billing themselves as "the primary grassroots
organizing center for McCain fans this year." Looks like this will be a good resource for McCain-related news and posts as we move ever-closer to '08.
- PoliticalWire's Bonus Quote of the Day yesterday comes from Senator Chuck Hagel, quoted in the Lincoln Journal Star. Speaking of SecDef Rummy, Hagel remarked "The concern I’ve had is, at a very dangerous time, (the) secretary of defense does not command the respect and confidence of our men and women in uniform ... There is a real question about his capacity to lead at this critical time." Certainly a bit more erudite than our commander in chief, whose comments on Rummy ranked as PW's original Quote of the Day: "I'm the decider, and I decide what's best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense." The decider?
- The Centrists are gathering. You should come.
- Joe at The Middle of DC (and nearly everyone else) approves of Rob Portman as head of the OMB. I do too, it's a good start.
- Another "bridge to nowhere" on the horizon?