Monday, November 06, 2006

Watching the Hours Tick By

If you're as sick of checking polls, analysis, predictions, &c. as I am, I'm sorry. It'll be over soon. If you haven't had enough yet, I cannot recommend highly enough the great site that is Political Wire. Taegan Goddard has done a spectacular job this election season of providing links to polls, news coverage, and analysis. He has made his site a must-read for every political junkie. I won't duplicate all the great stuff he's got this morning, but there's some excellent last-day information waiting for you there.

Tuesday night will almost certainly be a long one. The networks will be doing periodic special reports with hour-long newcasts from 10-11 p.m. Eastern. The cable nets will, of course, be wall-to-wall from 7 p.m. on. There will be a special live joint broadcast of "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report" from 11 p.m. through midnight Eastern which ought to provide some tension-breaking comic relief. I probably won't attempt to live-blog results since I won't get to start watching until about 9:30, but may chime in if anything particularly exciting happens.

My predictions at this point are that we'll see a fairly big Democratic wave in the House, something on the order of twenty pickups or more. In the Senate, I'm not convinced one way or the other, but I think it's going to be extremely close and I would not be surprised to see the Democrats pick up the six seats they need to gain control of the chamber.

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

It may be a long day or two if there is any contention over the very close Senate races.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home