Friday, August 19, 2005

So, You Want to be Governor?

Bill Weld, a born and raised New Yorker, former 1.5-term governor of Massachusetts and now a Manhattan investment adviser, has decided he'd like to be the first guy since Sam Houston to serve as governor of two different states - he said Thursday he plans to run for the Republican nomination to take on Democrat Eliot Spitzer next year.

Weld's a strong centrist candidate, both in terms of position and demeanor, and I think he'd be a good match for Spitzer in what I hope would be a spirited but civil exchange of views. I have to say it's hard to look at a Spitzer-Weld race prior to a campaign or debates and know which candidate I would choose ... and I like that.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Peter Brackney said...

Good concise post on Weld. I linked to it at http://americanmoderatepart.blogspot.com. Keep up the good work, RINO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home