Monday, September 12, 2005

A Good Start

Of course the question-and-answer rounds over the next couple of days are going to be by far the most important part of the Judiciary Committee hearings process, but from the look of things, John Roberts got off to a fine start today. I've just read and watched his opening statement, and I think he did a great job.

I will continue, of course, to reserve final judgment until after he's answered the questions from the Judiciary Committee's senators. Anything else would be premature. But I heard nothing today that worries me in the slightest. Linda Greenhouse has this analysis of Roberts' statement in Tuesday's Times, which I recommend.

I'll confess, I've not read all eighteen committee senators' statements from today's hearings. And it's now much too late to try and do that (I'm quite tired enough already). Should you be so inclined, the WDT - whole darn transcript - is here.

Much more tomorrow, after the questions get underway.

1 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Blogger Poison Pero said...

I was referred to check out your blog.

My friend was correct. You should put this pic as your profile picture.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1774/649/1600/What%20the%20Rhinos%20are%20Doing%20to%20the%20Republican%20Party.jpg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home