Friday, September 09, 2005

Katrina as the "anti-9/11"

Don't miss Linda Feldman's article in today's Christian Science Monitor, in which she writes "...[H]urricane Katrina has become an anti-9/11 of sorts. Whereas four years ago people dropped their red and blue identities to rally around their leaders, Katrina seems to have exacerbated the extreme polarization of the Bush years."

Feldman quotes our friend Marshall Wittman, who notes "
Politicization is very dangerous for both sides. If either party is seen as obstructing results, people will blame them. Americans are pragmatic, not ideological or partisan. Clearly, the administration has bungled this, but ultimately the American people want to see a restored New Orleans and these people's lives put back together."

Joe Gandelman over at TMV has a good take on this whole issue as well, so make sure to check out his post too.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel very scared of 911. 911 has trapped me for almost one year long. I saw in the news paper, 911 turned a man into their christams ham. I feel very scared of christmas ham. I do not want 911 to turn me into their christmas ham. I need help from somebody to keep the 911s away. Make sure I never get cut and never get raped. Please help me never become a ham. Please eturnally, perminatly remove 911.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home