Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Ignore James Dobson

As Josh Marshall over at TPM reported earlier, James Dobson is outraged at the very thought of a compromise on the nuclear option, saying "I don't remember being so disgusted and alarmed by what I just had confirmed in the Senate as I am now. Senator Trent Lott is about to sabotage Majority Leader Frist and cut a separate deal with the Democrats to preserve the filibuster of judges."

Republican senators have a real choice to make here. James Dobson and the "Justice Sunday" crowd? Or John McCain, Lisa Murkowski, Ben Nelson, Mike DeWine, and others who are pushing a compromise?

I know what my choice would be. And it wouldn't be James Dobson.

"If this is true," said Dobson of a compromise proposal, "it will represent an end run around the majority leader and will quite frankly be seen as a betrayal of the millions of people who put George Bush and the Republicans in office."

Maybe by you, Mr. Dobson - but it will be nothing but good for the country.

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Heiuan said...

Exactly. I currently live in Florida. I'm a moderate to conservative Democrat myself (please don't throw things at me, I'm too old to duck) and have many, many friends who are Republican. These folks voted for their President and his party. Many of them are absolutely dismayed with the hijacking of the conservative party. That's what one of them called it: the hijacking of the Conservative Party. I, personally, tend to agree with them. This ain't my Momma's Republican party any longer.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger JBD said...

heiuan - nobody throws things here. We leave that to the folks at dKos and the opposing right-wing blogs. All views are welcomed and appreciated. Disagreements are okay, but I for one will do my best to disagree without being disagreeable. That's what we need more of in this country, and it starts with each of us.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you throw anything at a registered independent who thinks Bush ranks at the bottom of American Presidents in almost any positive category one would care to make up and first in almost any negative category one would offer?

It's one thing to be incompetent; it's quite another to be both incompetent and dangerous. Carter was incompetent as a President but Bush makes him look like Lincoln who was certainly the best Republican President and argueably the best President we've ever had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home