Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Just What Does Dobson Know?

In yesterday's New York Times piece on conservative wariness over President Bush's nomination of Harriet Miers, arch-rightist "Doctor" James Dobson, who has endorsed the selection, is quoted as saying "Some of what I know I am not at liberty to talk about."

I agree, and this is quite a rare occasion, with dKos' Armando on this. Whatever Dobson got from the White House, the American people and their senators deserve to know it as well. I am also in complete agreement with Democratic senator Ken Salazar (CO, Gang of 14), who said of Dobson's comment "It seems to me, all of the (information) the White House knows about Harriet Miers should be made available to the Senate and the American people. If they're making information available to Dr. Dobson - whom I respect and disagree with from time to time - I believe that information should be shared equally with a U.S. senator."

He continued by saying "
If information is being shared with people in a hidden and secretive way, I think that's wrong. We need to know who it is that we're confirming to this lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court."

Absolutely right.

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Takes me right back to grade school. Dr. Dobson is saying to us, "I have a secret but I'm not going to tell you,"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home