Monday, November 03, 2008

One Day More

Tomorrow's it, folks. It's all come down to this.

Now is our chance. Now is the time when we can either turn the page on the last eight years and start a new chapter, or we can continue listening to the same old song.

Back in February when I made my endorsements in the primaries, I wrote that I would be happy with either McCain or Obama in the White House (making clear that Obama was my preference). I could no longer make that statement and mean it. The John McCain who's been on the campaign trail these last few months isn't the John McCain who got me excited about politics nine years ago. He's allowed this campaign to change him, and not for the better. On the other hand, Barack Obama has exhibited a steadfastness throughout the campaign which should serve to reassure anyone with lingering doubts about his preparedness to lead this country.

While it's probably impolitic to apply a Goldwater-esque slogan to a Democratic candidate, I think it's fair to say that this election really does offer "a choice, not an echo."

Whatever candidate you support, I hope that you'll go vote tomorrow (if you haven't already done so). It's the least you can do.

And now I'm going to go be a twitchy mess for the next day-plus-a-few-hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home