Monday, October 10, 2005

Vintage McCain

Senator McCain was in New York over the weekend, campaigning for Staten Island borough president James Molinaro, according to the New York Post. McCain said that he is considering a 2008 presidential run, but won't decide for at least another year.

Of course, the event was not without its McCain classic quotes: he said to the crowd "I'd like to thank everybody who came up to me this morning and said, 'I voted for you, I voted for you.' I'm going to demand my own recount!"

And of whether he might accept a vice presidential slot in 2008, there was this gem: "
I spent all those years in a North Vietnamese prison camp, kept in the dark, fed scraps, why the hell would I want to do that all over again?"

2 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I got a chance to see him at the commencement speech at my university back in 2004, and I was able to shake his hand and I told him I too voted for him in 2000.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger amba said...

In linking to you and following your link, I discovered it was the other tab -- the Daily News.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home